Public Gold was established in 2008 by Dato 'Wira Louis Ng, with 18 branches throughout Malaysia and 3 branches (with the next 5 new branches) in Indonesia. Public Gold provides and manages gold trading activities including gold mining and refining. Award winning, top gold trading company in Malaysia with highest credibility.
Public Gold Price (24 Hours Live)
Last updated 06-Oct-2022 19:35:14
Why Public Gold?
The world's first shariah-compliant gold company, monitored by the Shariah Panel of Amanie Advisors Sdn Bhd.
PG Group Structure
In addition to Public Gold, there are other company under PG Group; PG Mall, Aurora Italia, PG Jewel and POS Exclusive. Official Business Partner of KDE, Pos Malaysia and Pos Ar-Rahnu.
Public Safe Storage Service
PG also offers gold and valuables storage services using the latest vault systems and a high level of facilities and services.
Safety and Security Protocol
As the largest gold company in Malaysia, we are the only one where all branches are taken care of by the Auxiliary Police, specially appointed by the PDRM
Public Gold is the world first gold trading company that have a Syariah Compliance Certificate
- Monitored by the Syariah Panel of Amanie Advisors Sdn Bhd
- Shariah compliance for purchase and sale of physical gold with Outright Purchase, Easy Payment Purchase (EPP), Buyback
- Shariah compliance for purchase through Gold Accumulation Program (GAP)
First gold home delivery service in Malaysia
- Any items measuring from 5 dinars (21.25 grams) and below, will be courier to your home
- Through insured and reliable courier service
- Charges of RM10/parcel to Peninsula and RM20/parcel to Sabah/Sarawak
FPX online payment
FPX payment method makes it easy for users to make online purchases, through almost all available banks in Malaysia
- FPX payments sync to Public Gold system automatically
- No service charge is imposed on the customers
- Customer will receive proof of payment as a record and reference to each transaction
6 Advantages of Saving in Gold
Gold such as Dinar and Bullion are suitable for long-term savings because of its non-depreciating value
Gold Are Wealth Protection & Hedged Against Inflation
Gold Helps Avoid Unnecessary Money Outflow
Gold Are Independent, Viable & Sustainable Investment
Gold Are Widely Accepted Around the World
Saving Habits Is A Person of Substances Second Nature
Gold Can Be Collateral for Loan
Registered Members & Counting
Years of Trust Building
3 Ways To Buy Gold
- Suitable for larger capital, which are over RM1000
- Must make full payment
- Receive and able to keep the physical gold product in hand immediately
GOLD ACCUMULATION PROGRAM (GAP)
- Flexible. Suitable for smaller capital, starting as low as RM100
- No monthly fees and charges
- Can be physically redeemed or sold for cash
SYARIAH EASY PAYMENT PURCHASE
- Suitable for larger capital, with payment schedule
- Must make monthly payments before each deadline date during the period
- Receive the physical gold product after payment schedule is completed
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the price of GAP and the price of physical gold?
GAP price changes daily at around 12:00 am midnight, while the physical price changes every 20 minutes, hence at any one time, GAP price might be lower or higher than the physical price.
GAP price also is the same per gram, but the physical price is NOT the same. The larger the gram of physical gold, the lower the price per gram.
Which is better, Au 999 savings gold or Au 916 jewellery gold?
The most notable difference is the quality of the gold. Investment Gold is usually 24k gold or Au 999 quality, but jewellery gold is usually 22k gold or Au 916 quality.
Jewellery gold has a higher wage charge; hence it is less suitable for investment as it has higher spread value.
When is the best time to buy gold?
Truthfully, the best time to buy gold is when we have the money that will not be used in the near future. No one knows if tomorrow price is high or low. So why do the waiting game? Instead, seize the opportunity today!
What is the difference between a gold dinar and a gold bar?
The most notable differences are its design and sizes. In terms of design, the dinar set is circular coin shape, while the Bungamas or Tai Fook gold bar comes in rectangular shape. Dinar have their own unique size, example 1 Dinar has a specific weight of 4.25 grams.
Is it obligatory to pay Zakat for gold in a GAP account?
Gold in the form of GAP or physical, gold bars or dinars, if the amount of gold stored is more than 85 grams for a period of 1 year, it is obligatory to pay Zakat at the rate of 2.5% of the current price. For more information, please visit zakat.com.my
- How to register as a Public Gold member?
How do I register an account for a child (under age of 18)?
You can register a Public Gold Junior Account here
What is the difference between a GAP Account and a Junior GAP Account?
GAP Account are for depositors 18 years old and above, while Junior GAP Accounts are for depositors which are under 18 years old.
Parent/guardian information are needed during GAP Junior account registration.
What happened to the Public Gold account if the depositor dies?
If there is a death of a GAP gold depositor, the documents required by the beneficiary to claim gold at the Public Gold branch are:
- Death Certificate
- Marriage Certificate [Husband/Wife], [if the child is the beneficiary then submit the birth certificate]
- Copy of beneficiary IC
- Court letter-transfer of ownership / administration of the deceased's property to the heirs [wife/children]
Once all the documents are ready, submit all the complete documents to Public Gold at the nearest branch for the transfer process.
If there is an Easy Payment Purchased [EPP], the beneficiary can also make a claim. There are 2 possibilities;
- Sell back to Public Gold at the current price less 5% penalty or
- The beneficiary can make payment of the remaining value of the gold and claim the gold.
* Subject to changes in Terms & Conditions
What is gold spread?
Gold spread is the difference between the buying price and the selling price of gold at the same time.
Various designs and sizes of Public Gold products which consist of small bars, dinar sets and gold bars.